Something clever and new is always the goal when hosting a corporate event. They can get stale at times and redundant so livening up the event is always important. Art and charity, two important aspects of life can easily be incorporated into your next event. They work hand-in-hand engaging the guests in a different and unique way.
Here are 5 tips for incorporating art and charity into your event:
1) Contact local artists who are usually on the same page when it comes to charity and promoting their art; most will set up and promote their art by including small talks on the subject of art as part of the event. They could give a percentage to all art sales to a specific charity or the fee or part of the fee for the event itself could be donated to a specific charity.
2) Engage the guests, have them create art themselves. Have them color eggs at the table, have small canvases and paint or markers readily available, have a selfie contest which includes art being promoted throughout the room or hall.
3) Charity auctions are the easiest way to incorporate art into fundraising. Silent auctions for certain art pieces are a great way to promote the art and to raise funds. Have the pieces on or near long tables where people can place their written bids and then announce the winners toward the end of the event. All or part of the funds will go to a specific charity.
4) A "Happy Wall" or something similar to a chalk board or white board or just a large paper covered wall (a blank step and repeat) will be fun where guests leave doodles and drawings during the evening.
5) Date with an artist is a clever idea to raise funds, it's also an auction-type activity where guests bid on lunch or dinner with various local artists who are present at the event, similar to a bachelor auction.
Art always adds a happy twist to any event; adding charity to the mix always brings out the best in people. Please contact us for your next event.